Guide for new Voip phones (Grandstream GXP 2000/2010)
Some quick notes on the usage.
- If you are unable to hear any voice PROBABLY YOU HAVE LOWERED THE SPEAKER VOLUME. Lift the handset and push the up arrow button until you hear the tone. During a call with up and down arrow you can adjust the volume.
- If you are not entitled to place a call (i. e. an international call) the phone responds with “ 404 NON TROVATO ”. If you need to request further authorizations or a PIN, please contact the Estate office.
- If you have a pin for external calls, you can use it by dialing *72* SEND and then entering your PIN and the full number (also with a 0 prefix). If it fails, contact us so we can reset your PIN.
- The easiest way to place a call is to dial the number with the receiver onhook and then take the receiver offhook.
- To redial last called number take the receiver offhook and then press SEND.
- To mute the receiver press mute/del key during a call. Be careful: pressing it outside a call will enable the do not disturb function, thus blocking all incoming calls.
- To perform a “ blind ” transfer of a call (i. e. transfering it without warning the final speaker, usually another phone in the same room) during the call press trnf (transfer), dial the phone number and press send.
- To perform an attended transfer call during the call press line2 (or another one not in use) dial the phone number, press send, warn with the final speaker and then press trnf (transfer) and line1.
- To set up a conference call, call the first party. Then press line2, dial the second party, press send. When the second party is online then press conf (conference) and line1. You can repeat this operation for up to 4 parties.
- To pick up a call ringing on another phone dial *3 + the number of the extension ringing.
- To place a call on hold press the hold button on the phone. To recover it press the button relative to the line you have received the call (usually line 1) that is near a green led blinking.
- There is a service of automatic redial on busy. To activate it follow the voice prompt and press 5. Do not hang up until you hear the acknowledgement: “ Grazie ”.
How to change the default language of the interface of your phone
It is now possible to change the default language of the interface of your phone from italian to english:
- press the central round button among the arrows,
- use the arrow to navigate to Preferenze, select it with the central round button,
- then go to Mostra Linguaggio: and select English.
- Afterwards it is recommended to reboot the phone, by selecting the appropriate menu entry or simply unplugging the cable.
To get back to italian from english, the menu entries are Preference, Display Language and Secondary Language instead of English. In this case the reboot is compulsory.
Central voicemail service
There is a central voicemail service that can be used from your phone or even from your email. To have it enabled, or for any other problem concerning the system, please send an email to email@example.com